About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Research in Ecology is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal focusing on key issues of fundamental and applied ecology, with a special emphasis on cutting-edge researches challenging established theories and advancing our broad understanding of the functioning of ecological systems, as well as of the ways to ensure their protection. Both theoretical and experimental studies dealing with every level of ecological organization, from the individual to the ecosphere, are welcome.
Key topics include:
- Behavioral and physiological ecology
- Population ecology
- Landscape ecology
- Community ecology and biodiversity
- Ecosystem functioning and conservation
- Ecological sustainability
- Anthropogenic impacts on ecosystems
- Ecological protection and restoration
- Global change and ecological response
- Biological invasion and control
- Soil ecology and agricultural ecology
- Ecological restoration and ecological construction
- Development and utilization of biological resources
- Ecological research methods and techniques
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate Open Access to its content as it believes that making research freely available to the public which helps promoting the research results benefiting the scholarly community.
- Higher Visibility, Availability and Citations – free and unlimited accessibility of the publication over the internet without any restrictions increases citation of the article.
- Ease of search – publications are easily searchable in search engines and indexing databases.
- Rapid Publication – accepted papers are immediately published online.